Created: August 19, 2020
Information Technology Senior Management Forum (“ITSMF”) is concerned about your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we process information about you that we collect, including personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to all of the following: 1) ITSMF’s website, which is located at www.itsmfleaders.org (including subdomains thereof), ITSMF’s event registration websites, as well as all applications, including a mobile application, CVENT and Bloomerang that are operated by ITSMF (“we,” “us” or “our”) (each of such websites and applications, a “Website”), 2) any social media accounts administered by us including those located on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube, and 3) any other website that links to this Privacy Statement (each, a “Site”) and collectively, the “Sites”), as well as information collected via offline methods where the information is combined with information collected through the Sites. By providing Personal Information to us, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
We reserve the right at any time to modify, alter, or update this Privacy Statement in our sole and absolute discretion. Any changes will be posted and will only apply to activities and information on a going forward, not retroactive basis. You are encouraged to review the Privacy Statement whenever you visit our Sites to make sure that you understand how any Personal Information you provide will be used.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as your name, job title, postal address, telephone number, email address, employer, gender, race, photograph, and, in some cases, credit card information. We may combine your Personal Information with other information that we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line, including, for example, information about your registration for ITSMF programs. We treat the combined information as Personal Information.
When you interact with us through the Site, we may collect information from you as described below.
a. Information you provide
We collect Personal Information that you knowingly choose to submit through the Site in order to benefit from specified features or to participate in certain activities, such as information that you knowingly provide when you contact us through the “Contact Us” portion of the Site or when you create an account on the Site or when you sign up for electronic content. For example, if you register for an ITSMF event, you may provide us with information such as your name, telephone number, and email address. If you express interest in a job through the ITSMF job portal, you may submit your resume, employment information or other information through the Site. You may also choose to submit your profile and contact information, as well as your profile, to our Membership Directory.
We may combine information you submit through the Site with other information we have collected from you, whether on-line or off-line. We treat the combined information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
b. Special Categories of Information
The laws in some jurisdictions may require special protection when an organization collects data regarding race, ethnicity or other sensitive information. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide the foregoing information, we will only do so with your express consent, in accordance with applicable data protection law requirements.
c. Location Information
Any comment system on the Site may utilize an opt-in Geolocation service in accordance with a prevailing community standard such as HTML 5. Such Geolocation opt-in ability is managed by the user’s browser settings. If a user chooses to opt-in to the Geolocation service, the user’s comments may be associated with the user’s location, both internally within ITSMF and publicly on the Sites.
d. Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
Also, as you navigate the Site, certain Personal Information may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following techniques in the following ways:
- IP Addresses and Device Data: An IP address is a unique identifier that certain electronic devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. When you visit our Site, we may view the IP address and other device data of the device you use to connect to the Internet. We use this information to determine the general physical location of the device and understand from what geographic regions our website visitors come. We also may use this information to enhance our Site.
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Social Media Widgets. Our Site may include social media tools, including social media widgets or plug-ins, to connect you to your social media accounts. These features may set a cookie or use other automatic collection and tracking technologies to collect information about you and your use of the social media features through and in connection with our Site. These social media tools may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with these tools and the corresponding social media platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide such platforms.
- Cookie name: gtag.js Cookie type: Session cookie
- This cookie is used to understand user behavior and to improve the information about ITSMF and its programs and activities provided to the user.
- You can set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies.
- We do not track your behavior across third party websites. Our Site currently does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals and we operate as described in this Privacy Statement whether or not a DNT signal is received, as there is no consistent industry standard for compliance.
e. Information About Minors
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
As we have constituents who are located outside of the United States, we may collect Personal Information outside the United States and transfer it from other countries to the United States, either for use within ITSMF or for use by third parties providing service to us. By using the Site, you hereby knowingly and expressly consent to the collection, storage, transfer, and usage of your Personal Information in and to the United States and to other countries for the uses described in this Privacy Statement.
We may use your Personal Information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Sites, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to complete and fulfill your registration for an event and to communicate with your regarding the event.
- to manage our Database (defined below).
- to send you news and other communications to which you subscribe.
- to personalize your experience on the Sites by presenting information tailored to you.
- to allow you to participate in surveys.
- to administer blogs, chat, and other social media on our Sites.
- to allow you to send messages to another member through a Site.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new offerings, enhancing our Sites, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be disclosed under the following circumstances:
- to our agents, representatives, contractors, and service providers so they can provide us with support services.
- if you are an ITSMF affiliate, your name, title, address, telephone number, and email address, will be included in the ITSMF Database, which will be shared with other members or third parties conducting a search for Board members, members, associates, or other positions, as described in the “Database” section of this Privacy Statement.
- by you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials on the Sites. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to visitors to the Sites and to the general public.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- to promote our services, and the services of our affiliates; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, recordkeeping, developing new products or services, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site, and determining the effectiveness of our fundraising campaigns.
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- otherwise, with your consent.
DATA COLLECTED IN RESPONSE TO A SURVEY
If you respond to a research survey posted on the Site, or administered via other platforms, we collect your responses (which are defined as “Data”) and store the Data ourselves or use a third party to do so. We may use the Data in an aggregate, non-personally identifiable fashion for analysis, research, and incorporation into published reports. We may also use Data in a personally identifiable manner to formulate future surveys or research projects, or to identify individuals to invite to future surveys.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
WHERE YOUR INFORMATION IS PROCESSED
ITSMF is based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transfer of your Personal Information in and to the United States and other countries. The laws of the United States and other countries governing data protection may not be as comprehensive or as protective as the laws in the country where you live.
ITSMF will take reasonable steps to protect the information collected and provided via the Site from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Also, ITSMF uses reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is generally available.
However, there will be occasions when access to the Site will be interrupted or unavailable. ITSMF will use reasonable efforts to minimize such disruption where it is within its reasonable control. You agree that ITSMF shall not be liable to you for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
We generally retain Personal Information for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Privacy Statement or at the time the information is collected, unless a longer period of time is required by law.
LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The laws in some countries require us to tell you about the lawful grounds we rely on to collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your Personal Information. To the extent those laws apply, our lawful bases for processing your Personal Information are:
- To perform a service for you: We may process Personal Information to include you in our Directory and facilitating events and offers of interest to our members and those looking to locate job candidates.
- To enter into and perform a contract with you: We may process Personal Information to meet our contractual obligations to our users, or to take steps in anticipation of entering into a contract. For example, we process Personal Information on this basis to create an account.
- To comply with a legal obligation: We need to use and disclose Personal Information in certain ways to comply with our legal obligations.
- For our legitimate interests, where those interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms: In many cases, we handle Personal Information because it furthers our legitimate business and charitable interests. This includes:
- Providing a safe user experience on our Site;
- Customer service;
- Sending communications to you to let you know about information you have told us is important to you;
- Protecting users, our workers, and our property;
- Analyzing and improving our operations (e.g., optimizing the design and operation of our Site);
- Preparing our Database; and
- Managing legal issues.
- With your consent: Where permitted by law, we handle Personal Information on the basis of your implied or express consent.
Also, this Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of ITSMF as controller of your Personal Information under applicable data protection laws. A “controller” is the person or organization who alone or jointly determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, any Personal Information is, or is likely to be, processed.
YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Although we will remove your information from our Database going forward, we may not be able to remove your information from Databases that have already been distributed. You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions above (Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices).
The laws in some countries may give you particular rights with respect to your Personal Information, including the right to access the Personal Information that we maintain, and the right to object to certain processing of Personal Information by ITSMF. If you would like to submit a data access, correction, restriction, or deletion request, or if you would like to object to certain processing, you can do so by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process such request with respect to any Personal Information that we are able to link to you individually based on the information that you can provide to us. These rights and options that you have with respect to Personal Information are subject to limitations and exceptions under applicable law. In addition to those rights, if you live in certain jurisdictions, you have the right to submit a complaint to your relevant supervisory authority.
However, we encourage you to contact us first by emailing email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
RIGHT TO CHANGE PRIVACY STATEMENT
ITSMF reserves the right at any time to modify, alter, or update this Privacy Statement. Your use of the Site following any changes means that you agree to follow and be bound by the Privacy Statement as changed, subject to limitations under applicable law. Any change to this Privacy Statement shall be effective as to any user who has visited the Site before the change was made. Please review this policy periodically, and especially before you provide any Personal Information to us. The Privacy Statement was last updated on the date indicated above.
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our Privacy Statement, you may contact us using the information below:
By written correspondence:
2020 Howell Mill Road SE; Suite D356
Atlanta, GA 30318
© Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved • +1 (404) 514-4845 • firstname.lastname@example.org