Austin, Texas, United States
Barcelona, Cataluña, Spain
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees.
- Architect reusable solutions of project or operational scope.
- Customize reusable solutions of project and program or operational scope.
- Contribute to the Architect profession across HP businesses.
- Develop long-term IT strategies and plans.
- Assess business impact of technologies/strategies .
- Identify and address technical and operational risks.
- Provide review/input on project activities for medium to large business unit level EPICs .
- Collaborates with the Scrum master to support sprint planning and backlog grooming
Education and Experience Required:
- Industry experience – 10+ years with Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10+ years of hands-on eCommerce/Store Front Platforms such as WebSphere, Magento, SAP Hybris, etc.
- Expertise in designing and implementing OLTP and Transactional Web applications.
- At least 5+ years of IT experience in a lead design or architectural capacity.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to understand the customer's business problem, need, or opportunity and to design an IS solution that appropriately addresses the business problem, need, or opportunity.
- Ability to lead consultants in the completion architecture, requirements, operational, or implementation deliverables.
- Ability to lead the architectural design, development, deployment, and technical quality of medium to large business unit level IT based solutions (typically within multiple technology or specialty areas).
- Can validate/evaluate if an information systems or operational architecture meets technical requirements and specifications .
- Familiar with multiple architectural, development and operational methodologies (e.g., Scaled Agile Framework, TOGAF, ITSM, …) .
- Applies appropriate methodologies and SME knowledge to resolve complex business issues. Background in financial processes is preferred.
- Develops Architecture Specification deliverables that map customer business requirements into technology or operational recommendations.
- Ability to create and contribute to business cases, aligned to the Strategic programs
- Ability to apply knowledge of how the industry uses IT to address business challenges using, for example, technical standards and infrastructure, cross-industry trends that impact IT investment, industry-specific roadmaps, and IT enablers.
- Experience with Front-End technologies like Java Script, Node-js, JSPs, CDNs, Web Acceleration layers such as Akamai
- Deep knowledge of Database Platform on both SQL & No-SQL
- Programming languages like Java, PHP, Python, .NET
- Knowledge of AWS cloud solutions, MS Azure and “as a Service” concepts
- Advance knowledge of the following required :-
- XML, XSLT, JSON
- Web Services, Micro Services Pattern
- Data Caching layer solutions including Caching at various layers
- Search Platforms like Elastic Search, Solr, etc.
- Ability to apply program/project management methods especially SAFe to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of EPIC and support the agile delivery trains.
- Collaborates effectively to manage the program portfolio and supports the prioritization the backlog
- Coordinates with Vendors and internal team to provide solution demos
- Supports the delivery teams during their sprints.
- Can contribute to the development of new HP services and modifications to the methodology.
- Participates in defining HP unit's processes, standards, and policies.
- Build and manage long term strategic relationships at Business Unit leader and CIO, CTO level.
- Good influence and negotiation skills.
- Ability to tactically consider all sides of an issue within the contexts of time, breadth, and range of options.
- Ability to systematically gather, assess and apply organizational, technical, operational, and sales/marketing information for business decisions.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and persuasive communications for multiple audiences, including demonstrating effective writing and presentation skills, listening actively, and projecting a trustable image.
- Ability to articulate technical or operational problems or issues into understandable business terms.
- Able to design and present high-impact messages to customer's senior level management.
- Able to use a wide variety of presentation tools to persuasively communicate complex messages to multiple audience levels, including senior level management.
- Ability to use prepared and create complete original materials to communicate with the customer. Communicates a mix of Strategic information and Tactical information.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.