This role will be responsible for providing Technical leadership experience in the area of Data model, engineering and consumption design for PFNA. PFNA has a complex landscape of data that is largely siloed. This role will drive data integration and modeling work to make data significantly more accessible to business users today leveraging platform capabilities established by CTO - including but not limited to Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Pyspark (ETL), Databricks, Denodo, Presto/SQL and Power BI.
Strong communication skills and ability to work and communicate with highly technical developers as well as highly non-technical analysts & executives is a must.
During PGT Data Fabric development, this role will play a huge part in ensuring that the data fabric design is built in a way that can support IT solutions and business-owned Solutions during their pre-PGT, interim-state PGT and post-PGT states.
This role will also drive the adoption of Alation as a true data asset for PFNA by both evangelizing the capabilities and driving a tactical implementation plan & methodology through the agile scrum teams working within their functional workstreams.
*Defines approach to data modeling & data architecture that maximizes data accessibility to PFNA business users via Power BI and PFNA experienced power users with appropriate toolsets (e.g. Presto SQL).
* Creates a data design & methodology curriculum to teach junior engineers, analysts, architects and BI developers approaches and techniques on proper data model design to support scalability and optimal query performance.
* Mentors and coaches engineers, architects and BI developers (contractors and employees) on data design & model deliverables across multiple PFNA workstreams
* Provides BI and visualization consultation services in Power BI, including best practice ideas on how to design an effective dashboard that provides intuitive user interaction, appropriate drill patterns, appropriate visuals, etc.
* Develops sustainable reporting that provides specific business insights and meets performance expectations. She collaborates with Process Leads to deploy new capabilities and market deployments while defining standards, process improvements, and global versus local object changeability strategy.
* Ensures that all projects and workstreams are using data that is consistent, accurate, and able to support decision making and reporting about any Pepsi Co product.
* Drives methodology and approach to implement Alation as a data asset as part of all workstreams. Evangelizes the business value of Alation, seeks user feedback and incorporates into go-forward implementation methodologies and plans.
* As part of the PFNA Data & Digital Solutions Leadership team, drive data awareness and literacy throughout PFNA IT and the PFNA business.
* As part of the PFNA Data & Digital Solutions Leadership team, coach and mentor junior staff to build out data excellence as a competency for PFNA
15+ years of experience in IT specifically focused on data warehousing, data lake, business intelligence & analytics
- Deep knowledge of complex SQL - both ability to create and read (for code analysis/review done by others)
- Deep knowledge of creating complex star schema and snowflake data models
- Ability to drive complex data model and data architecture design patterns that support high performance SQL / BI tool interaction
- Extensive logical and physical data modeling experience
- Extensive experience working with data modeling and design decisions on data lake-based architectures
- Ability to communicate effectively in non-technical terms with appropriate non-technical business audiences
- Ability to communicate effectively in technical terms with data engineers, data scientists and BI developers
- Critical ability to explain difficult technical concepts in non-technical terms to impacted audiences
- Ability to balance 5-6 competing project priorities at one time
- Ability to lead & drive design designs where needed, but also step back and mentor / consult / provide support for other resources depending on the situation