The Principal Data Systems Advisor is responsible for all activities related to the administration of databases, data models and on all phases of database management. This individual will also lead all phases of data analysis up to the enterprise level of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Consults with systems developers, DBAs and internal technical and/or vendor support on technical problems, directions and data access methods for best practices of data management.
2. Brings a strong attention to detail and an ability to provide solutions blocks and architecture inputs and designs for adaption in the enterprise and adhering to industry best practices.
3. Provides mentoring, knowledge, skills transfer and training to staff and team members.
4. Responsible for the integration, installation, configuration and production turnover of Database Services and servers.
5. Provides requirement analysis and evaluations for proposed data management software products and solutions. Develops or directs the development of utilities used for monitoring, tuning and analysis of database systems as needed.
6. Provides technical guidance and/or assistance to development teams toward creation of database(s), database schemas and/or support of logical/physical model design efforts.
7. Assists application developers, business users and project managers in the development and implementation of user access requirements, logical and physical database design, and disaster recovery as needed.
8. Provides road mapping strategies within the enterprise to manage support life cycles and software version of N-1, N, and emerging technologies for Ever-greening as needed.
9. Develops, monitors and maintains backup and recovery procedures for one or more database systems. Responsible for ensuring adequate protections are in place and provides appropriate documentation of backup and recovery procedures.
10. Gathers and reviews vendor information regarding configurations and patches and performs changes as necessary, while adhering to best practices where possible.
11. Works with engineering groups on appropriate OS settings and recommendations.
12. Works with disk storage management group to determine appropriate disk platform and disk allocation configuration to support desired physical design and performance.
13. Assists with analysis, data movement, troubleshooting, performance review, and makes recommendations and implements configuration and tuning efforts.
14. Works independently or with limited oversight and provides performance measurements for transactional databases, identifying bottlenecks, disk analysis and other metrics as input for tuning recommendations.
15. Provides engineering support involving Oracle database systems and related applications, including awareness of security posture, risk identification and risk avoidance strategies.
16. Ability to make decisions for implementation, build and configuration for RDBMS and integration into the environment. Provides solution blocks and low-level designs for database systems
17. Provides escalation support for the Change, Release, Incident, Request and Configuration Management processes for Truist Database technologies and services.
18. Product Lifecycle Management: Performs database upgrades and migration for Oracle systems. And, researches and maintains a current understanding of available and evolving RDBMS and Database Service technology trends.
19. Project/Squad Execution:
- Attends and participates in meetings to gather and understand requirements, task and timeline.
- Effectively identifies and communicates project complications or roadblocks to decrease potential project risks.
- Reviews basic high-level and low-level design documents for each new project/effort. Understands and supports the adherence to database best practices.
- Develops strong relationships with internal teams including Applications, Operating Systems and Data and Technology Services.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field
2. Fifteen+ years of experience in software development or a related field
3. Fifteen+ years of experience in database technologies
4. Fifteen+ years of experience working on project(s) involving the implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC)
1. Ability to architect, build, document and support Oracle systems both standalone, RAC clusters and Oracle engineered systems.
2. Oracle DBA with experience installing setup/configuration on supported operating systems, Real-Time Application Clusters and Data Guard.
3. Experience with Oracle engineered systems, such as Exadata and replication technologies, such as Golden Gate.
4. Familiarity with the engineering lifecycle for Database systems including capacity planning, disaster recovery, backup & restore, and other related technical requirements for Oracle technologies.
5. Significant understanding and senior level experience covering a majority of administration responsibilities including the installation and configuration for the Oracle database product areas listed below.
Operating Systems/Database System Understanding:
- UNIX RHEL, Oracle Linux, AIX and MS Windows
- Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c, 19c
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- Exadata management and configuration.
- Collaborates and partners with peer teams to identify risk, security gaps and concerns as well as participating in the development of remediation plans.
7. Provides excellent customer service. Displays proficiency in both oral and written communication as relevant in a business and technical context.
8. Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills.
9. Ability to work independently or as part of team.
10. Ability to plan, organize, troubleshoot and execute while demonstrating strong problem solving skills.
11. Ability to cooperate with other related work teams across geographically dispersed locations.
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.