Austin, Texas, United States
Tlaquepaque, Jalisco, Mexico
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to solve complex business issues and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine the best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower-level employees.
- · Work closely with PS & PIB business to gather business requirements, supporting the design of new or improved processes of significant complexity, and understand business/customer impact.
· Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
· Represents the needs of the business, function on an ongoing basis to drive product & process improvements
· Work with the team to agree on an accepted story competition.
· Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
· Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
· Regularly monitors and reports on progress
· Manage projects portfolio priorities and budget.
· Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
· BA or BS degree in Computer Science or Telecommunications.
· Proven experience working in globally distributed virtual teams
· Typically, 10+ years of project/ product management experience.
· Project Management & agile certifications are a plus (SAFe, SCRUM, PMP, Green/Black Belt. etc.)
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· Experience working with SAP/HANA
· Excellent English communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation), leadership, and influence skills.
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
· Preferred knowledgeable in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
· Knowledge of Design Thinking and Change Management techniques to drive value for customers
· Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills; ability to drive process improvements using industry-standard quality improvements tools and concepts.
· Enjoy coming up with pragmatic solutions to concrete problems.
· Passionate about coaching other engineers but love to code and debug when the opportunity arises.
HP’s PIB & LF Engineering Systems team is looking for a Product Owner to drive solutions related to new business enablement in HP, with focus on Personal Systems.
As an IT Product Owner, you will work with a team of Product and Business Owners to define the user stories and prioritize the different agile release trains to streamline the execution of program priorities.
If you are an SW engineer professional, customer-centric mindset, tech-savvy, experienced product owner, with experience working in Agile teams and utilization of Design Thinking techniques, you are the ideal candidate.