The main purpose of this role is to govern and supports the implementation and deployment of the Order to Cash / Directs Store Delivery of the PepsiCo Global template (built through SAP S4 concepts).
This role will be primarily responsible for Direct Store Delivery (DSD) functionality of SAP S4 which includes Pre-order route preparation, execution & settlement, Pre-sales delivery route preparation, execution and preparation and Van sales route preparation, execution and settlement, Vending route preparation, execution and settlement.
Objectives are to ensure the governance & deployment of the global template supporting the execution of business processes related to Direct Store Delivery across multiple businesses across the globe. The immediate focus will be set in the ongoing deployments in Europe and North America. This role will adopt and adhere to Agile principles for the PBNA deployment project.
Order to Cash / Direct Store Delivery Process relates to:
- Master data setup for DSD routes – customers, routes & route attributes, visit schedules, tasks and activities for Van sales, Presales & Pre Order routes and Vending routes
- Order capture, management and provisioning of goods or services on routes – sales, return, free goods, exchanges for products
- Setting up the correct pricing agreements and master records for DSD customers - discounts/agreements, free goods, list price, discounts, surcharges, freights, rebate agreements, customer bill backs, tax, etc.;
- Setting up the product authorization lists at various customer and product dimensions – customer and customer attributes, customer & geographic hierarchies, segmentation, routes & route attributes, products, product groups, product hierarchies etc.
- Route execution process/documents – freight units, freight orders, route plan, load plan, integration with mobile devices in batch, on demand and real time, vending machine loading/retrieval, vending collections and settlement
- Setting up of Route settlement process/document – check out, customer visits, delivery, returns, exchanges, collections & deposits, check-in, check-out, over/short for product and amount etc.
- Truck stock management - Stock visibilty, physical count and settlement, truck to truck transfer, truck to warehouse transfer
- Integration with mobile devices, warehouse systems and advance transportation systems for route planning, load building, route execution and settlement
- Reporting and Analytics – Performance KPI, Scorecarding, Sales target vs actual, etc.
Additionally, In close partnership with Global Process Owner and Leads (GPOs & GPLs), the SDL will ensure the value stream is building the DSD solution that drives harmonized data and processes across PepsiCo and will accelerate deployments. This role will adopt and adhere to Agile principles for the Global Template project. The SDL OTC will be a key global solution governance member of the PGT Design Authority (DA) for OTC/DSD solutions responsible for Level1/Level2 approvals. The DA global charter is to: Maintain integrity of the solution; Drive consistent adoption; Uphold global processes; Certify common data is used; Verify universal analytics are used; and Evaluate DA Change Requests.
The Solution Design Lead (SDL) – Order to Cash (OTC) / Direct Store Delivery (DSD) will assist the Solution Design Owner, OTC, in leading the overall global solution design and governance for the PepsiCo Global Template (PGT) Order to Cash value stream for its Direct Store Delivery process:
- 5-Year, Multi-Workstream, Multi-Vendor Program, Multi-Solution Platform
- Total spend $2+ Billion approved by Board of Directors
The PGT program will design, deploy, and govern a multi-year transformation strategy to implement harmonized and simplified business processes and data enabled by an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) system utilizing SAP S/4 HANA Business Suite, financial planning and analysis using SAP SAC Planning, global data maintenance using SAP Master Data Governance, integrated supply chain planning using SAP Integrated Business Planning, trade promotions management using SAP C/4 Trade and Customer Business Planning along with core S/4 HANA capabilities, and global analytics using SAP Enterprise HANA and SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
PGT will replace over 500 legacy systems worldwide (# to be confirmed with each capex) with the PGT IT solution across 9 critical end to end business processes: Order to Cash, Record to Report, Financial Planning & Analysis, Make to Deploy and Enterprise Asset Management, Trade Promotion Management, Forecast to Schedule, Procure to Pay and Request to Serve.
- Following are the RACI responsibilities in relation to DSD process and solution as part of OTC value stream:
- Primary accountability is to partner with the OTC/DSD Value Stream to design, support, and govern the process & solution for deployments of the PGT – Accountable
- Support decision-making for functional and technical topics across multiple deployments for process & solution - Accountable
- Ensure the PGT solution integrity globally by closely monitoring solution configuration for deployments is within PGT guidelines (design decisions, data definitions, process definition documents, and configuration rationale documents) – Accountable
- Support value stream data definition, modeling, and integration efforts to deploy the value streams – Accountable
- Actively engage and educate business process owners and SMEs on functional and data design solutions and changes– Consult
- Ensure re-use and lift & shift of PGT capabilities across sectors – Consult
- Collaborate with all scrum teams to implement and deploy the end-to-end requirements – Consult
- Onboard, train, and stand-up the expanded Global Solution Design Team globally and in the IT Hubs - Accountable
- Coach and collaborate with onshore and offshore/factory scrum teams to ensure configuration requests are implemented within guardrails with high quality – Accountable
- Adopt and adhere to Agile principles and values (see www.agilemanifesto.org) - Accountable
- Accountable to ensure project status for value streams reporting is transparent and aligned with program office
- Work closely with other IT vertical leads in competency building and assume complete responsibility & ownership for delivery excellence
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 10 – 15 years of experience configuring, deploying and managing SAP ERP with a focus on Direct Store Delivery
- Strong experience in end to end Order to Cash design, development, and implementation, including integration across other functional areas, i.e. finance, make to deploy and procure to pay.
- Deep, broad functional and solution knowledge of SAP solution in following process(es): Order to Cash / Direct Store Delivery
- Knowledge of all master data objects required to support all Order to Cash processes
- Strong Order to Cash experience in a global solution development, support, and governance capacity
- Familiar with PepsiCo business processes and nuances related to Order to Cash processes across multiple markets.
- Knowledge of solutions deployed within PepsiCo
- Previous solution leadership role on a major SAP transformation project(s), solution architect role is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficient in written & spoken English
- Ability to work flexible hours based on varying business requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the following tools, disciplines and processes are nice to have: SAP SolMan, Azure, ALM, ARIS and MS Project
- Solves highly complex problems within the work team, and with cross functional teams
- Strong influencing, facilitating, and consulting skills in working with stakeholders at all levels in the organization and across departments
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in timelines and sequences
- Adaptability and flexibility including ability to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change
- Consulting background a plus