This role is positioned as an API/Microservice development & sustain lead within the Enterprise Solution Integration Service team.
In this capacity, this role will be responsible for the design, implementation, and production support of API/Microservices integration solutions on PepsiCo Azure cloud platform to enable sector IT transformation and digitization initiatives, through partnership with IT sector leads and enterprise architects.
• Leads the EIP sustain team spread across different time zones to ensure high level of operational stability of 60+ API/Microservices on PepsiCo Azure platform.
• Manages delivery of the API/Microservices integration which includes the design, configuration, build and testing of new API/Microservices implementation initiated by sector projects
• Automates the delivery process using Azure DevOps continuous integration and delivery pipelines.
• Provides guidance to team members and ensures patterns and best practices are followed through the life cycle of the project.
• Partners with EIP platform teams to implement or enhance application monitoring solutions for end-to-end visibility and trend analysis.
• Actively engages other IT groups and/or business partners to address critical operational issues and drive service restoration as soon as possible, minimize business impact, and meet SLA targets.
• Manages production issues and onshore and off-hours support hours, communication, and coordination. Communicates incident status via established templates to various levels of the organization.
• Leads the team to provide investigation, root cause analysis, and problem resolution timely and accurately
• Demonstrates continuous improvement mindset and proactively identifies opportunities for and leads process improvement initiatives.
• Drives higher level escalations with operational support groups and Vendors
• Responsible for maintaining and updating application support documentation (including Disaster Recovery)
• Ensures compliance to corporate policies and maintains procedures and policies for your scope, in collaboration with other teams
• Leads or facilitates and enforces appropriate governance and communication cadence, and balances short-term and long-term strategy development and execution based on the specific needs of the program assigned
• Removes roadblocks, cultivates relationships, and effectively communicates across Enterprise at various levels of leadership
Qualifications / Requirements :
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant disciplines with an IT emphasis is required.
• 5+ years of experience in Enterprise Integration.
• 3+ years of experience implementing API/Microservices on either Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes platform.
• Passionate coder with 5+ years of software application development experience
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise application support, capacity planning, optimization, re-engineering, performance fine-tuning and cost optimization
• At least 3 years as a Full Stack Java Developer with Java, Spring, Spring Boot
• At least 2 years of developing integration with No-SQL database and Apache Kafka
• At least 3 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
• Experience with Cloud deployments on AWS/Azure/GCP
• Expertise in design and development of API/Microservices on either Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes platform.
• Experience with Agile, Git, Azure release pipeline, AppDynamics, Cassandra, ELK a plus.
• Requires strong knowledge of the following technologies.
o Java, Spring Boot
o REST services
o Microservice architectures
o Containers (PCF, Docker, Kubernetes)
o Testing frameworks (JUnit or Spock preferred)
o Understanding of automated CI/CD pipelines
o API authentication/authorization (OAuth2 preferred)
o Message brokers (Kafka, Active MQ)
o Storage platforms (Cassandra, other NoSQL)