As part of PepsiCo’s digital transformation agenda, we are seeking a Network SRE Architect with deep expertise in networking and SDWAN, with Log analytics experience to accelerate our AIOPS & Automation journey and assure the highest levels of reliability and provide support for the Global Network.
The selected candidate will be responsible to set technical strategy & deliver networking SRE roadmap, as well as leading a team of SME’s responsible for the discovery, event management, Log analytics, integrations, and automation/ orchestration.
The network SRE Architect will deliver transformation projects in AIOps, provide technical guidance to the team for predictive & automation solutions, with the goal to prevent incidents & reduce MTTR.
The Architect will work with business leadership, partnering across platform teams, development teams, product owners, scrum masters, and other technology centers of excellence to establish and prioritize the SRE goals for engineering new solutions to improve platform and application stability, performance, metrics and reporting.
Qualifications / Requirements :
- Partner with Enterprise architecture to evaluate and pilot new technologies
- Champion SRE thought leadership in the networking service area
- Develop SRE strategy & roadmap for Networking and SDWAN global rollout
- Lead architecture and delivery of networking components & integrations
- Lead transformational programs and drive operational adoption
- Develop, design & implement SRE best practices and architectural designs for operational acceptance
- A high degree of technical knowledge, ranging across many network technologies. (e.g. SDWAN, SDN, Load Balancing, firewall, MPLS)
- Manage, lead, retain, and grow SRE talent. Mentor and coach junior team members
- Design and maintain reference patterns for AIOPS best practices, Lead development of customized Patterns, Probes and Sensors for SRE solutions, namely Event, observability, and Orchestration
- Familiar with PaaS technologies and operations
- Deliver Predictive AIOps related to networking services
- Assess and provide feedback on architectural designs for operational acceptance.
- Act as a forward-thinking leader and remain current on modern technology-leading trends
- Perform integrations and process automation using ServiceNow Orchestration, Workflow Designer, and related tools
- Facilitate Automation for improving availability and Improved Developer/ Customer Experience
- Liaison with Network Engineering team for ensuring Operational Readiness
- Partner to influence and support innovation & continued drive towards touchless operational sustainment as a design/architecture construct working with AIOPS technology partners/managers
- Deliver regular technology roadmap updates and partner with vendors to ensure continual platform evolution
- 15+ years of IT technology experience, with clear technical hands-on & leadership roles
- 10+ Years of automation and development with at least 5 years in Networking and SDWAN platform
- Hands-on experience with Networking and SDWAN implementation
- Experience in a global virtual environment with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience in managing global projects
- Experience in identifying opportunities, analyze issues, design orchestration solutions and integrate best practices
- Experience with monitoring
Broad technical knowledge, expertise & understanding of Network, Compute, Cloud, Application architecture in one or more of the following:
- SNMP, SSH communication, regular expression, WMI communication, and command-line OS navigation (Linux, Unix, and Windows), troubleshooting firewall communication issues
- OS and Platform – Azure, AWS, Cisco, Infoblox, F5, Palo Alto.
- Data/Data Structures: Oracle, Splunk, SQL, Mongo, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Teradata
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Understanding of ITSM process
This role requires a unique combination of leadership, deep Network & OT knowledge, and strategic vision to bring it all together. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in implementing & Running Network Operations & Automation in a highly complex, matrix environment. The successful candidate must be familiar with SRE practices.